Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Miami Hurricanes Football is seeking a talented, innovative and versatile designer to create visual content for one of the most iconic brands in collegiate athletics. The Creative Designer supports the recruiting, visual, print and digital initiatives of the program through the design and layout of various creative elements, including but not limited to recruiting graphics, brochures, traditional and digital ads, social media graphics, website graphics, camp materials and official and unofficial visit materials.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Sr. Creative Designer to conceptualize, design and produce traditional, digital and video graphic materials for the football program.
- Assist with photo shoots for prospective student-athletes
- Help manage the football program’s creative assets and files
- Ensure that visual content is delivered to clients at sufficiently high speed and quality.
- Working knowledge of and adherence to all University, ACC and NCAA rules and regulations
- Ability to work events, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Creative Designer and/or Director of Player Personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet assigned deadlines.
- Proficient in the creation of both online and print design.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite products, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
Preferred Requirements (Non-essential Requirements):
- Intermediate understanding of photography.
- Expert level knowledge of all social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Associate’s degree
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
- Portfolio that represents a diverse variety of projects and skill sets
- Experience with content management systems.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Part timeEmployee Type:TemporaryPay Grade:52