Sr. Manager, Business Operations
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-16
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Medicine, division of Cardiovascular is looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager, Business Operations. This position will support the Department Administrator of the Cardiovascular Division and act as an individual contributor using independent discretion and judgment, with special responsibilities in clinical operations and supervision of patient access staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the supervision of the Division’s clinical practice, including supervision of patient access staff, the efficient functioning of provider’s office visits (ensuring that the staff request medical records and confirm tests are completed before initial and follow-up visits).
- Develop and maintain staff schedule.
- Optimize physician clinic, procedure and imaging coverage schedules and handles AMCOM.
- Audits workflow; reviews, analyze and develop/revise routine operational procedures.
- Guide staff in managing and resolving appointment escalation issues.
- Create standards for routing in basket messages and prescription requests.
- Ensures that billing for procedures is reconciled across all platforms and all locations.
- Works closely with Executive Medicine to schedule and facilitate VIP patient appointments; liaison for same.
- Completes special assignments for highest level of University administration which requires collecting, organizing and analyzing data and producing reports which may be the basis of significant decisions.
- May serve as the executive's representative at meetings and express the executive's viewpoints. Contacts or responds to inquiries from high-ranking individuals inside or outside the University.
- Interprets requests and helps implement action, deciding whether Chief should be notified of important or emergency matters.
- Interpret and adapt guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices.
- Gives recommendations for operational and administrative problems. Issues and interprets operating policies.
- Coordinates preparation of operating reports such as budget expenditures, statistical reports or performance measures.
- Analyzes operating practices such as record keeping, forms control, office layout or workflow, and recommends changes as needed.
- Oversees, evaluates and monitors on-the-job performance of staff when relative to performance of standards. Offers guidance regarding staff oversight and relative HR policies.
- Monitors staff/faculty to ensure that employees report to work on time (applicable to hourly staff) and completes time entries regarding attendance and time off via Workday.
- Tracks physician compliance with regulatory requirements (credentialing, license renewals, CME, etc.)
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office)
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c106