Senior Telcom Analyst
Under the general direction of the Manager of Telecommunication, responsible for leading all activities related to planning, installation, operation, maintenance of Telecommunications equipment, system installations and upgrades.Responsibilities
- Ensures all Telecommunications services (e.g., Enterprise VoIP Phone system, Call Accounting system, Voice Mail, ACD, Conference Bridge, etc.) are functioning at optimal levels.
- Develops and maintains a working level understanding of the needs of all Call Center Customers
- Takes a role in leading a Telecommunications department that is motivated, trained, and equipped to provide exceptional service.
- Escalates problems as appropriate while maintaining ownership of issue
- Serves as escalation point of problem from junior telecom analysts.
- Supervises vendors who provide maintenance and support of Telecommunications equipment (Hardware and Software).
- Mentors junior Telecommunication Analysts. Ensure policies and procedures are adhered to by staff.
- Manages the Local Exchange Carrier, Inter-Exchange Carrier circuit installation, maintenance and administration.
- Maintains Technical documentation of all systems, circuit dispositions and design configurations.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning.
- Prepare cost estimates on system expansions, project planning.
- Assist in defining policies and procedures for Telecommunications infrastructure.
- Participate in planning and implementation of system upgrades.
- Implements and administers long-range strategic plan to build and secure the growth potential of UMMS's voice technology and services infrastructure. Integrates those with other technologies and services that are provided by the division. Assists in the designs and implements respective architecture.
- Develops, communicates, and implements service level definitions.
- Works to ensure a high level of service availability, participates and coordinates redundancy testing.
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to reduce costs and increase revenues.
- Responsible for recommending when to upgrade existing telephony related equipment; takes lead in implementing upgrades upon prior approval of Telecom Manager.
- Monitors and evaluates related developments in the industry market, government, and academia. Secures opportunities for UMMS to proactively benefit from progress in the field.
- Maintains 24x7x365 On-Call coverage of Telecommunications area, specific to problem resolution of telecom Equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, or equivalent.
- 5-7 years related work experience.
- Working knowledge of all aspects with installation, maintenance, functionality, hardware, design, as well as programming of analog, digital and VoIP PBX’s.
- Proven ability to Project Manage new telephony service installations and upgrades of existing services.
- Working knowledge of analog, digital and VoIP transmission systems and media, multiplexor’s, channel equipment, line repeaters and ISP, OSP facilities.
- Proficiency in using test equipment (TDR’s, protocol analyzers, etc.).
- Familiarity with Data Communication standards, applications, electrical and physical interfaces.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience with telecom interfaces and local loop for analog/digital trunks, ISDN, alarm and, and demarcation practices.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop applications (MS Word, Excel) preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups; strong, positive interpersonal skills.