Workday HRIS Analyst
Workday HRIS Analyst
Talent and Organizational Effectiveness
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Workday Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the most effective utilization of Workday HCM and other talent related systems to consistently assess, measure and forecast the desired capability, performance, organizational outcomes and engagement for the division. This individual will work with multiple systems to provide internal cross divisional collaboration and support, testing system changes, analyze data, and make recommendations for process improvement.
The Workday Analyst will also provide data and analytic support that assist the Division in implementing divisional strategy, goals, and outcomes related to business performance. They are expected to help evaluate the current divisional operations and identify/propose changes in processes that streamline work and increase efficiencies as well as collaborate with functional leads to implement such changes.
This successful candidate must possess and demonstrate the ability to navigate and influence across complex working relationships and balance innovative approaches with practical and viable deliverables. Areas of focus will include performing testing and post-production validation, conducting research and analysis for issue resolution, identifying process inefficiencies and proposing fixes. Tracking all items through to resolution and exemplary follow-up and organizational skills. Performing security/system administration duties as required and acting as a liaison between external/internal customers and IT as well as communicating system and process changes to functional leads within the Division is key.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Workday Subject Matter Expert - The Workday Analyst is responsible for ensuring the ongoing development and support of Workday HCM, Payroll, Talent, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, and Recruiting. This includes business process analysis, functional design, testing, training, communication, documentation, implementation, and support. Act as primary point of contact between the department/division, Information Technology (IT), and other internal and external technical support organizations. Communicate technical specifications for new capabilities and work collaboratively with IT to define system modifications, enhancements, and process improvements.
- Divisional Dashboards - In collaboration with the division Vice President, assist with the creation of the annual Human Capital report. Develop, present, and maintain both routine and ad-hoc Workday dashboards and reports for various audiences. Work in conjunction with divisional functional leads and divisional management to interpret the results of reports and analyses, synthesize into relevant summaries for leadership and other customers.
- Corporate and Institutional Reporting - In collaboration with the division Vice President, creates the annual Human Capital report, quarterly Executive Level reports and as needed for the President and Trustees. Partners with the Office of Institutional Research to manage divisions' participation in national surveys, internal assessments and evaluation surveys.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Workday Analyst may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with leveraging operational applications i.e., ERP Systems (Workday), CMS (Dovetail preferred), and MS Office to support operational objectives. Technical aptitude, experience with metrics, data analytics, and data interpretation strongly desired.
- Workday Business Process Configuration: Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, configure, build, test, and implement business processes in Workday.
- Experience in the following Workday functional areas: Absence, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Compensation, Recruiting, and Talent. This includes all associated annual processes (e.g. Open Enrollment, Performance Management) as well as any associated integrations (e.g. ADP, benefit providers, ACA submission).
- Experience with creating and maintaining Workday dashboards.
- Experience with Workday report writing.
- Ability to think and plan strategically while successfully executing tactical requirements to ensure successful outcomes.
- Highly developed organizational, problem-solving and time management skills to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks while staying abreast of key initiatives, projects or best practice approaches.
- Proactively identifies strategic gaps or opportunities within the organization as it relates to service delivery of key functions
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Maximize the use of enterprise software applications to meet the business needs of the division and for the campus community we support.
- Authorize and maintain information access and security controls for staff, students and other departments.
- Serve on designated technology committees; represent WPI and the department/division at national and regional conferences as needed.
- Interface with vendors as needed to research, implement, and support new capabilities and associated software tools and to collaborate with IT to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, by phone, in person, and in writing.
- Prioritize tasks and work multiple priorities, sometimes under strict time constraints
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and demonstrate creative problem solving techniques
- 3-5 years of HRIS experience.
- 1-3 years of Workday HCM (preferably Payroll, Talent, Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Time Tracking, and Recruiting).
- 3-4 years of experience in a variety of Human Resource operational functions.
- Familiarity with project management, data analytics, and reporting.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree or relevant professional certification is preferred.
- Work is performed under minimal supervision and successful performance is based on the effective operation of the administrative function and achievement of specified goals and objectives. The performance evaluation is conducted through the performance evaluation system and in accordance with the University Policies & Procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
A Pre-employment criminal records check is required
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Workday-HRIS-Analyst_R0001133
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency