Associate Director of Learning Technologies, Title III HSI-STEM
University of La Verne
Associate Director of Learning Technologies, Title III HSI-STEM
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at University of La Verne!
The Associate Director of Learning Technologies works with the Associate Dean of Learning, Innovation & Teaching and Director of La Verne's Title III HSI-STEM grant and functions as the lead in the areas of classroom design, educational technology, technical training and support within the university. Position has primary responsibilities for the technology used for teaching, as well as the ongoing oversight, research, evaluation, and training those technologies require. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with faculty development, academic support services, career services, and information technology units to develop and support strategic planning that results in high levels of service to faculty and to students in all teaching environments.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff from within or connected to STEM disciplines and the Title III grant, assisting them in the development of technology for teaching and learning.
- Develop and lead training on a variety of instructional technology topics including media applications, content creation, and content delivery tools.
- Lead the research and development of innovative classroom design, effective uses of hardware, software, and technology practices.
- Determine best practices for the implementation of effective technology-enable instruction.
- Collaborate with Associate Dean of Learning, Innovation and Teaching to develop and implement policies related to university instructional technology advancement and develop project plans and oversee execution of technology-driven instructional initiatives.
- Support GPSS in program administration areas such as scheduling, budget, communications, event planning, trouble-shooting and problem solving.
- Lead collaborations with other units on strategic projects such as effective technology support for faculty, technology-enabled university marketing and advancement, enhancing services provided by student affairs, faculty development, liaising with key vendors, etc.
- Lead the offering of general teaching and learning support for faculty, including one-to-one and group consultations, just-in-time support, pre-designed workshops, and multi-day trainings.
- Coordinate with faculty and administration to ensure the University is advancing in the areas of technology enabled teaching.
- Actively pursue vendor contacts for advancements in the instructional technology landscape.
- Supervision of student instructional technology assistants and budget management.
- In collaboration with the Associate Dean of Learning, Innovation and Teaching, represent the University at networking events promoting advancements in educational technology.
- Associates degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
- 5 years broad experience working with technology in the context of curriculum design and delivery.
- 5 years experience working in higher education.
- 5 years experience effectively serving a diverse and geographically dispersed university community.
- 5 years direct experience with technology vendors and installers.
- Ability to collaborate with highly technical and academic groups.
- Strong knowledge of current technology trends, classroom design, and effective teaching practices.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Excellent customer service and teamwork.
- Strong willingness to experiment with different ideas and technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in a related field.
- 5 Year’s experience in technology related to online delivery, hybrid, and content development.
- Substantial employment experience in directly related areas may be considered in lieu of formal educational requirements.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency