Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Motor Pool
Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Motor Pool
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
- Eastern Washington University is currently looking to fill a Maintenance Mechanic 3 position for our Motor Pool. The Maintenance Mechanic 3 will be responsible for leading the work of journey-level trades workers in the maintenance and repairs for all motorized equipment and vehicles owned or contracted by the university. As a working supervisor, this position is required to perform journey level work.
- The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, tuition waiver benefit and more.
- See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position's responsibilities.
- Physical ability to do the work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Require completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade and one year of experience as a journey-level worker in vehicle and equipment maintenance,
- Class A Combination Driver’s License (CDL) and the (H) Hazardous Materials Endorsement and the (N) Tank Vehicle Endorsement, which must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Microsoft Office proficiency which includes the use of Outlook Calendar, Word and Excel.
- Experience entering information into a computerized system for tracking maintenance/repair work.
- Tracking and monitoring hazardous waste disposal.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- Supervisory experience
- Experience specifically with AIM and Mitchell 1 software
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Experience working in a business or shop with duties performing estimates.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Salary Information: $56,616 - $64,020
Posting Date: 11/13/2020
Open Until Further Notice: No
Closing Date: 11/29/2020
Screening to Begin: 11/30/2020
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/6157
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency