Senior Service Desk Analyst
Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers.
This highly customer-oriented role provides advanced technical support to all members of the Hofstra community, including students, faculty, and staff. This role supports all of the University’s customer-facing technologies, including computer hardware, software, mobile devices, printers, software, and web and other services. The incumbent will join a highly collaborative team, supporting customers via a number of channels, including phone, e-mail, walk-in, and field service dispatch.
This is an onsite position; work for this role is performed on campus.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Evaluates problems and undertakes escalations for service restorations.
• Provides vital support and resolutions for colleagues on the Engagement and Client Support team.
• Resolves technical hardware and application problems.
• Performs warranty end user hardware repairs.
• Escalates complex technical problems through a defined process.
• Logs and tracks resolutions, follows up with users and updates related problem documentation.
• Coordinates the day-to-day operations of the ITS Service Desk.
• Acts as a single point of contact for service dispatch.
• Serves as an internal escalation point for complex issues.
• Bachelor’s degree required; computer discipline preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant IT end user support experience required, 5 years preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with end user technology support of: Office 365; Windows 10; Apple macOS, iOS; Google Android, ChromeOS; Active Directory; and ServiceNow.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Proficient with scripting and application integrations preferred.
• Experience in the following technologies preferred: CrowdStrike; DUO; Ellucian/Banner also preferred.
For consideration, please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: [email protected] Please indicate "Senior Service Desk Analyst" in the subject line.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.