Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-15
Performance of surveillance for detection and prevention of infections occurring in the Health System. Job responsibilities include investigation data analysis reporting consultation guidance for management of isolation patients and education of healthcare personnel.
- Performs surveillance of hospital patient units for detection of healthcare associated infections (HAI).
- Provides infection control consultation and/or assistance to units and/or clinics.
- Educational programs for patients staff and faculty are developed and delivered.
- Assists the Hospital Epidemiologist during investigation of outbreaks exposures or other infection control initiatives.
- Coordinates the prevention of transmission/spread of epidemiologically significant organisms and infectious diseases per departmental protocols.
- Performs area-specific support/clinical activities.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: One of the following required depending on specialty: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor's of Sciences in Nursing preferred. Medical tech program (MT - ASCP) required. Masters in Public Health (MPH) required.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience.
Licensure: One of the following options depending on specialty: RN: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the. Commonwealth of Virginia MT: MT (ASCP) required. MPH: None required
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.