OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST, Research Compliance
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST, Research ComplianceTracking Code1447 Job Description
The main duties of this role are as follows:
- Perform safety inspections of University buildings and facilities including dorms, classrooms, trades shops, auditoriums, mechanical spaces and other areas as determined by the Manager of Campus and Clinical Safety.
- Assist Senior Specialist in conducting fire safety inspections with regulatory authorities for the purposes of securing required permits and licenses.
- Conduct workplace safety assessments for confined spaces, electrical safety and other OSHA required workplace safety programs.
- Conduct inspections and certify emergency eyewash and safety showers, patient isolation rooms, laboratory fume hoods, and other areas and safety systems.
- Take part in the emergency response on- call program within a scheduled rotation of EHS staff members.
- Perform other EHS duties as determined.
This role requires a B.A./B.S. in a related field with 1-3 years minimum of safety and/or occupational safety experience and training, preferably in an academic setting. A successful candidate will have knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations and OSHA standards.
Ability to respond to emergencies on campus during off hours, including weekends and holidays as part of the on-call emergency response team.
Must have or obtain the 24 or 40-hour OSHA hazardous waste operations and emergency response training.
This position requires successful completion of a pre-placement physical.
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, tuition remission, paid time off, and so much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular