Work Study Student Bursars Office
Job Title: Work Study Student Bursars Office
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222015
THIS POSITION IS ONLY FOR CURRENTLY ENROLLED CLAYTON STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR FEDERAL WORK STUDY! YOU MUST CHECK WITH FINANCIAL AID TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.
Job Description: An Office Assistant is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service to CSU staff and students per the University and Bursar’s office standards; providing answers to inquiries accurately and efficiently; and safeguarding university assets maintained in the office.
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid knowledge of student accounts activity and all other aspects of customer service.
2. Communicate effectively both written and oral.
3. Responsibilities will include scanning documents, filing, data entry, mailing letters, making copies, and assisting staff with special projects.
4. Maintain orderly appearance of window area.
5. Any other tasks as assigned.
- Currently a Clayton State University student.Laker ID.Resume approved by Career Services. This is a requirement prior to applying for student positions.
1. Experience with Microsoft word and Excel
2. Strong numerical ability
3. Good listening and communication skills
4. Customer service orientation
5. Accuracy and attention to detail
6. Problem solving
7. Honesty and integrity
9. Stress tolerance
11. Prefer Business or Accounting major
12. Must have a 2.5 GPA
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.