Transfer/Adult Student Admissions Recruiter
Job Title: Transfer/Adult Student Admissions Recruiter
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 221995
This position will be responsible for Transfer, Non-Traditional/Adult, and Special Population (Non-Degree) student recruitment for Clayton State University in the Office of Recruitment & Admissions. It will specialize in prospect generation, territory management, and yield efforts with these specific student populations, but will provide assistance in other areas as needed. This position requires some flexibility in work schedule.
- Recruits prospective students to CSU through attendance at college fairs, career fairs, visits to transfer feeder schools, corporate and community sites, and various on-campus programs (30%)
- Provide in-office admission counseling and follow-up communication for students (30%)
- Conduct presentations on and off-campus, and manage relationships with prospective transfer students and college personnel (20%)
- Complete weekly and monthly territory management reports (15%) Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Recruitment and Executive Director (5%)
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree One year of related experience in college admissions, recruitment, or other higher education activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective presentation and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to interview and interact tactfully with students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to establish long, enduring, and professional relationships with feeder colleges
- Ability to function as a team player with other members of the Admissions office
- Must be able to convey enthusiasm, energy, and poise
- Must be able to travel with some overnight travel required
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends Must have a valid driver’s license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products Knowledge of Banner, Web Xtender, and TargetX is beneficial
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.