Specialist, Game Development, Animation & Motion Graphics
Job descriptionJob Number 2011020
Specialist, Game Development, Animation & Motion Graphics
Closing Date: 11/27/2020
Take me to ACC's online application.
Position InformationLocationHighland CampusHoursGenerally M-F 9-6pm. Occasional evenings and weekends as needed for events.SalarySpecialist 7/120 ($40,494.00 - $57,849.00)FLSA StatusNon-ExemptReports ToDepartment Chair, Game Development, Animation & Motion GraphicsCriminal Background CheckPre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.College ProfileAustin Community College (ACC) is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each fall and spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others.
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC.
Our MissionThe Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see http://www.austincc.edu/about-acc/mission-statement.Commitment to Equity and InclusionACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open-access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. The College values and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the College community.General Statement of JobTo provide information to current and potential students on the Game Development, Animation & Motion Graphics program and to work directly with the department chair (DC) on coordination of department program activities.Description of Duties and TasksEssential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advises potential and current students regarding the Game Development, Animation & Motion Graphics (GDAMG) program; provides information regarding education and training required; degree plan change requirements; and career opportunities.
- Oversees activities for GDAMG and assists in scheduling program activities.
- Promotes GDAMG program by attending job fairs, high school outreach/recruiting efforts, and professional association meetings.
- Develops and maintains a communication plan to engage with stakeholders and promote the department. Methods include writing and coordinating marketing materials, using social media, and updating information on the website.
- Updates collection of student work in game, motion graphics, animation and art reels and continues to work with section leaders to refine them for placement in public websites, the hallway monitor, forward facing websites and social media, etc.
- Assists the Department Chair in the development of program marketing materials and web resources; and interfaces with community organizations to represent the GDAMG program.
- Acts as a liaison between faculty, staff and internal and external resources to provide students with experiential learning such as workshops, internships, co-ops, apprenticeships and job placement.
- Works in conjunction with Department Chair to coordinate on-campus presentations as well as other program activities.
- Uses ACC resources to perform student tracking from first semester to completion to graduate follow up.
- Additional job specific duties as assigned.
- Two years related work experience.
- Associate degree.
Four years of related work experience may substitute for this education requirement. Applicants who substitute work experience to meet the education requirement must use additional related work experience to meet the years of "Required Work Experience" for this position. Please note that the college reserves the right to amend these terms of substitution at any time.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
- Updated 11-03-2020
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.