DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Official Job Title: IT Manager
Working Job Title: IT Supervisor
Position #779788 – Requisition #19570
- Assists management with coordination and implementation of ClinImmune Labs' IT team, projects, and resources.
- Provides IT support to ClinImmune Labs' HLA testing lab, the University of Colorado Cord Blood Bank and the Stem Cell Processing facility
- Supports, maintains and tests upgrades to proprietary Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) with MS Access and MS SQL Server databases, and Crystal reports
- Develops and maintains automated processes to send patient data to external agencies
- Writes SQL queries and VBA modules to organize and analyze patient data
- Works closely with laboratory staff to implement solutions to unique clinical problems while maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Authors and maintains technical documentation including Standard Operating Procedures, Validations, and Verifications, to comply with FDA, ASHI, CAP, AABB, and FACT regulations
- Develops, maintains and supports MS Access databases including queries, forms, reports and VBA modules
- Acts as LAN admin, providing system administration support and Active Directory container management for the School of Medicine's Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Provides in-house tech support for Third Party laboratory software
- Provides IT administration and support including provisioning/deprovisioning of employees, PC builds and maintenance, PC deployment tools, printers, hardware, software, account identity, email, VPN, remote desktop support, and purchasing.
- Provides administration and support of ClinImmune clinical applications, databases, and their servers.
- Manages and maintains ClinImmune Labs' website
- Provides outstanding customer service at individual workstations and other locations and ensure compliance with all HIPAA rules and regulations
- Maintains automated processes
Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of professional level experience in Information Technology
- Experience working in Information Technology in a healthcare, scientific or academic environment
- Experience developing MS Access and/or MS SQL Server applications
- Experience working in the area of virtual server support
- Experience with Crystal and Access Reports
- Experience with MS Active Directory
- Experience with automated processes that push emails, files, and data transfers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills focused in the areas of database application support, server support, and desktop support.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to identify and understand logical and technical errors/problems/malfunctions in a system and troubleshoot the issue to resolution.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Server, Office, and Exchange.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 13, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing