Senior Business Development Manager
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Senior Business Development Manager
Position #: 00779757– Requisition #19559
- Identifying transactions and partnerships that further CU Innovations’ strategic priorities.
- Engage major pharmaceutical and industry clients across multiple stake holding groups including but not limited to C-Suite Executives, Therapeutic leadership teams, bioinformatics, IT and R&D.
- Secure strategic new business, close high value deals, while growing existing partnerships.
- Execute transactions including process management, structuring, negotiations, and closing deals.
- Create thesis documents, business plans and deal memos.
- Advise, drive, and negotiate deal teams.
- Lead team of shared resources Corporate Development staff in development of operating, financial, and deal models.
- Perform due diligence, including financial analysis & risk assessments in support of proposed transactions, on technologies, markets, partners, and ventures.
- Partner closely with CU Anschutz subject matter experts to complete required work and transaction recommendations.
- Manage cross-functional due diligence teams in partnership with CU Anschutz subject matter experts with a hands-on, team-oriented approach.
- Ensure effective management of post-closing deal terms, hand-off to integration teams, value tracking and course adjustment as necessary.
This position reports to the Executive Director. Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- 5 years of relevant business experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- The successful candidate will possess a JD or MBA or master’s degree in a related field, and a minimum of 10 years’ relevant business experience, including demonstrated ability in generating and executing new business ventures, and analyzing and reporting on new business opportunities.
- Experience in commercial/solution sales in the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry, with significant achievements and relevant network.
- A successful corporate development and deal-making track record in smaller, entrepreneurial company situations and/or in a large corporate environment, where business skills and knowledge, (including relevant strategic, financial, marketing and operational expertise) have been gained is required.
- Must have ability and confidence to effectively function independently, be a self-starter, and be a team player within a collaborative, consensus-driven organization.
- Other required skills include creativity, excellent communication (written and oral) skills, strong financial analysis, and strategic and innovative thinking capabilities.
- Must have successfully led direct reports or project team members in previous positions.
- Must have ability to effectively present to internal and external groups at a high level representing the leadership of the organization. Some domestic travel required.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 13, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing