DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine
Accounting Technician II (Fiscal Tech)
Position #00761347 – Requisition 19567
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences has an exciting opportunity to join our administrative team.
This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position will work under the direction of our Accountant and will assist in maintaining fiscal records, subcontract invoicing, and other basic accounting functions. Examples of Work Performed
- Prepares and submits journal entries and funding distribution entries
- Assists with Purchase Order requisitions, vendor set up and payment tracking
- Maintains accounting records and files
- Handles procurement for administrative team
- Oversees sponsored project subcontract activity (set up, invoicing, tracking, and payment processing)
- Advisor to faculty regarding EPER submissions
- Assists with payroll transactions, including time entry and leave reporting
- Calculates and processes incentive payments
- Responds to a range of inquiries regarding financial transactions; researches and resolves problems
- May assist in audit activities
- Handles Annual Space Inventory Survey
- Administrative support activities such travel planning and reimbursements, setting up complex meetings, assist with credentialing and licensing.
- Serves as back up for expense reimbursement processing
- Assists in monthly preparation and distribution of financial reports
- Reviews and approves Marketplace shopping carts
- May assist with the creation of expense reports and assistance of expense report reconciliation
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
The salary for this position has been established at $38,760 and is commiserate with experienceOptional: This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Two years of experience in general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payable, and or budget preparation.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to business, finance or accounting.
- Experience with University of Colorado systems, such as PeopleSoft HCM or Concur.
- Previous experience working in a higher education or medical environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply contract terms and condition to spending within the University system and policy.
- Ability to calculate numbers, correct entries, and post to records.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of cash management principles and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Flexibility, e.g., ability to work with shifting priorities and deadline pressure; ability to work independently and as a team member with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations.
- Intermediate knowledge of the regulatory issues associated with the administration of federal, state and private foundation grants (e.g. HIPAA and human subjects' protection, Conflict of Interest, Office of Grants and Contracts, and university policies and procedures).
- Knowledge of and experience with the application and implementation of Federal policy including but not limited to OMB Circular A-21 and OMB Circular A-110.
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail-oriented.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Nov 13, 2020
Unposting Date: Nov 18, 2020, 12:59:00 AM