Learning Technologist, Intermediate (Working Title: Accessibility Specialist, Intermediate)
DescriptionPutting technology to work at Georgia State University. Are you passionate about technology, your clients’ success, and looking to make a difference? Ranked the #2 Most Innovative National University by US News and World Report, Georgia State is a leading force in the digital transformation of higher education. Georgia State's central technology services group, Instructional Innovation and Technology (IIT), seeks to inspire, support, and enable innovative solutions to advance learning, research and economic enterprise. IIT is leading the pursuit to find solutions to the unique challenges associated with information technology and serve as leaders in a global network of knowledge creation and sharing by earning the role of valued partners and trusted advisors for evolving technology solutions, discovering, creating and implementing new models of higher education for a community of diverse learners, creating and supporting innovative solutions that improve the lives of our students, our city and our state, attracting, developing and retaining talented and capable professionals and fostering an innovative culture of leaders where collaboration, ownership, creativity and efficiency are key.
Georgia State University’s Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Online Education (CETLOE - cetloe.gsu.edu) is looking for a Accessibility Specialist, Intermediate to join our vibrant and growing team. The Accessibility Specialist Intermediate will serve as the primary contact for faculty and staff to provide assistance in the development and remediation of course materials that meet university, state and federal accessibility standards, oversees training and support of faculty and staff in the area of accessibility and conducts reviews of courses. In addition, the position provides recommendations to ensure and test the accessibility of the digital learning environment during the selection, purchase, renewal, and/or development of tools that make up the environment. The incumbent of this position will be expected to stay abreast of accessibility standards and compliance. This position will work collaboratively with the university’s Access and Accommodation Center.
Responsibilities include the following:
Perform accessibility audits
- Perform accessibility audits for online courses and programs.
- Recommend remediation strategies.
- Provide one-on-one support to faculty on technological and pedagogical practices related to learning technologies.
- Recommend content and strategies for accessibility awareness and remediation training.
- Manage the design and development of accessibility documentation and resources.
- Collaborate with CETLOE, IIT, and the larger University Community to staff programs, workshops and events.
- Assist with the review and recommendation of strategies for procuring accessible learning technologies.
- Review and recommend strategies for ensuring existing learning technologies are accessible.
- Serve as a resource to developers in the development of accessible applications.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit11/29/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Instructional Innovation & Technology
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 11/13/20, 5:21:00 PM