Assistant Director of Development, Foundation Relations
Assistant Director of Development, Foundation Relations
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Development, Foundation Relations. The Assistant Director of Development, Foundation Relations, will secure major gifts from private, family, and corporate foundations with an added emphasis on prospective funders that have a national presence. Reporting to the Director of Development, Foundation Relations, the Assistant/Associate Director will be open to working closely with colleagues in the university's Office of Sponsored Programs, faculty, program directors, and Academic Deans.Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and strengthen relationships with foundations that have the capacity to make current gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Write compelling case statements and narratives collaborating closely with key internal and external stakeholders to develop general and issue-specific program proposals, reports, and related budgets as well as expense reports.
- Assist the Director of Development, Foundation Relations in implementing a strategic plan for increasing St. Edward's visibility among corporate and foundation funders nationwide.
- Work with trustees, alumni and friends of the university to identify and steward relationships with existing and new corporate and foundation funders with the capacity to make gifts of $25,000 or more.
- Ensure compliance with funder requirements including all necessary reporting.
- Coordinate execution of grant and proposal activities with deans, faculty and other key university administrators and volunteer leaders.
Prospect and Donor Relations
- Directly manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation funders including key existing and prospective donors on a range of programs and services pertaining to St. Edward's University.
- Work with trustees, alumni and friends of the university to identify and steward relationships with existing as well as new foundation donors.
- Conduct prospect research while implementing the effective use of contact management systems and processes to track pertinent corporate and foundation donor and prospect information in Banner, including regular data entry for all corporate and foundation donor contacts, research, and analytic reporting.
- Use a moves management system to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward corporate and foundation prospects.
- Attend events related to major prospective donors, including signature events hosted by the division, such as Homecoming and Presidential Receptions.
For consideration, a Required a bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred. A minimum of two years of fundraising fieldwork which includes responsibilities for building relationships with individuals, foundations, and corporations; fundraising experience in the higher education sector preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated solicitation success with national foundations. Enthusiasm for direct, on-going personal interaction with foundations donors and their representatives required. Proven track record of soliciting gifts. Understanding and appreciation for private higher education, especially Catholic higher education. Experience using Microsoft Office and fundraising software systems. Willingness to travel regularly on behalf of St. Edward's University. Ability to participate in a collaborative environment and facilitate relationships with all areas of the University community. Demonstrated ability to take initiative in planning, organizing, and effectively present ideas and concepts. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem solve quickly. Ability to work independently as well as on a team. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202043
Available: ImmediatelyFull Job Description St Edwards Universityhttps://stedwards.applicantpro.com