Public Health & Safety Assistant
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-13
Job TitlePublic Health & Safety AssistantAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentCampus Safety & Risk ManagementProposed Minimum Salary$12.00 hourlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeTemporary/Casual Staff (Fixed Term)Job Description
The Public Health & Safety Assistant, under general supervision, provides support in executing the assigned EHS program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend temporary temperature check stations, administer temperature check on employees, students and visitors, and disinfect the no-touch thermometers.
- Assist with the awareness campaign to provide Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) information to students, employees and visitors including handing out EHS flyers on campus.
- Inspect building and hallway signage, report any missing or damaged signs to EHS supervisor and process work order to ensure corrections.
- Check building and hallway hand sanitizer dispensers and report any necessary refills.
- Assist in monitoring occupancy of secured sanitized areas (classrooms, meeting rooms etc.)
- Greet and provide general directions and assistance to campus visitors regarding EHS protocols and other resources across campus.
- Monitor people interactions and provide assistance to create positive moments while encouraging social distancing guidelines and the use of face masks/coverings in required locations.
- Distribute Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as applicable and provide instruction on the correct use and maintenance of the distributed PPE.
- Assist students, employees and visitors in emergency/non-emergency situations to get them the help they need. Some examples include: calling for campus First Responders to assist, directing to First Aid Kit locations, following building evacuation protocols.
- Understand and follow building protocols and processes identified during the pandemic response in order to share the information with employees, students and visitors.
- Exhibit flexibility in the event University direction changes with respect to conducting on-campus operations during this time of public health disaster.
- Receive training to be a Campus Security Authority.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate or GED
- No experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic computer skills to respond to emails and submit work orders
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal communication skills
- Conduct oneself in a positive and professional manner during potential constructive confrontations.
- Problem solve
- Prepare documentation to report daily activities
- Follow direction and work independently, as well as, in a team environment
Licensing/Professional Certification -none
Physical Requirements -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to stand constantly for 6-8 working hours. Must be able to correctly wear a face covering/mask for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift/carry 5-10 lbs. throughout the workday.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
1) Online Application
2) Cover Letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.