Pirate Video Producer
Pirate Video ProducerPosition Number:
981651Vacancy Open to:
ATHLETICS - VIDEODivision:
13601 Brdcst and Emerging MediCompetency Level:
2 - JourneyWorking Title:
Pirate Video ProducerNumber of Vacancies:
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE):
1.0Full Time or Part Time:
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
$31,200 - $56,349Anticipated Hiring Range:
$31,200 - $40,000Salary Grade Equivalency:
M-F, holidays and weekends as neededWork Hours:
8-5, extended hours as neededPosition Location (City):
Staff - ProfessionalOrganizational Unit Overview:
The Athletics Department mission is to represent East Carolina University with distinction and create a challenging and supportive environment for student-athletes to excel in the classroom, in competition, and in life. We are committed to the highest standards of character, honesty, effort, and sportsmanship; respecting all people, their personal identities, differences and beliefs; and to provide a safe and equitable environment for student-athletes’ academic, athletic and personal development. The highly visible athletics program is committed to NCAA compliance, comprehensive excellence and to be trustworthy stewards of the aspirations of our student-athletes, the resources we manage, the reputation of our University, and our mission of service.Job Duties :
Under the direction of the Associate AD for Video & Technology, the Pirate Video Producer will be handling all of the broadcasts for ECU Athletics, working closely with the ESPN and ECU Athletics Video Staff, as well as ECU’s Pirate Club, Operations, Marketing, IMG, and various other departments. The job will oversee the production of all ESPN+ games as well as events streamed to the ECUPirates.com website.
Duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of all ESPN+ broadcasts and ECUPirates.com website broadcasts
- Manage software, mainly Ross Xpression, to stay in compliance with ESPN requirements
- Collaborate with ESPN personnel on a daily basis for live broadcast elements to be used from ECU control rooms
- Collaborate with ECU engineer to oversee and maintain all equipment
- Maintain relationships with ESPN personnel and graphics team, keeping ECU at the forefront of innovation and technology
- Create Dashboard projects to be used with Xpression
- Train freelancers to run Xpression and produce sporting events
- Exhibit a good grasp of existing technology and engineering of a control room
- Remain current with broadcast trends around the country
- Possess a working knowledge of emerging technologies as they develop
- Possess full understanding of broadcast cabling at all of ECU’s facilities
- Collaborate with ECU communications staff to tell the story of ECU student-athletes
- Create graphics for ECU Pirate Video live productions for stadium video boards
- Create motion graphics for creative videos and features
- Collaborate with IMG and marketing to display sponsor graphics on video boards
- Create highlight packages of home game contests of all sports teams and posting in a timely manner
- Display ability to work all positions in a live sports broadcast; i.e. Director, Graphics, Replay, Audio
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate AD for Video & Technology
High school diploma or equivalency and one year of experience related to the area of assignment in a broadcast television, radio and emerging media environment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.License or Certification required by statute or regulation:
n/aPreferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution
- Three years of producing live sporting events with a college or professional sports team
- Demonstrated storytelling, editing and production skills
- Understanding of proper lighting techniques
- Professional knowledge of existing and emerging technology
- Thorough understanding of marketing and promotional theories and practices
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Expertise with video editing and graphic design systems such as Adobe Creative Suite products
n/aSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
A complete application should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a resume and contact information for three current references.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
East Carolina University seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. In order to promote the university’s diversity goal, the Athletics Department encourages applicants from women, minorities, and historically underrepresented groups.
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis.
11/13/2020Job Close Date - Positions will be posted until 11:59 p.m. EST on this date; If no closing date is indicated, the position will be posted until filled and may close at any time after the recruitment has been completed. :
11/24/2020Open Until Filled:
NoQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.AA/EOE:
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment:
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.Office of Human Resources Contact Information:
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.