Project Coordinator, Accreditation/CQI (Extended Temporary)
COM Academic AffairsDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The project coordinator will provide high-level project management assistance to the director for accreditation in supporting the preparation activities for the upcoming College of Medicine-Tucson's LCME survey visit (Jan. 23-26, 2022). The major areas of responsibility include: managing the collection and approval processes for the Data Collection Instrument; managing the processes for development, approval and tracking of the CQI projects related to compliance/the medical education program; supporting the institutional self-study and the various committees thereof; preparing various reports and the college participants who will be visiting with the accreditation survey team. The successful candidate must be highly organized, have demonstrated experience with project management and technology solutions and strong written and verbal communication skills.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
Work closely with AccreditationDirector to develop timelines, create processes, and reports to track theprogress for all phases of the accreditation self-study which include:
- Organize self-study orientation meetings/events for self-study committeemembers.
- Effectively utilize SharePoint, MSTeams and Planner and other Office 365project management and tracking tools to support accreditation activities.
- Work with Director to develop and implement a communication plan to promoteaccreditation process.
LCMEDatabase Preparation & Management
- Develop workflows/process to organize the compilation of the LCME databaseconsisting of narrative responses to 95 accreditation requirements.
- Create and maintain tracking systems to monitor status of the self-studyreview.
- Assist in providing status reports to project leadership.
- Assist the Accreditation Director with the final preparation of the medicaleducation database materials.
CQIProject Management of Development, Approval, Tracking.
- Implement the CQI project development, approval and tracking to support theEducational Leadership Team and Self-study Committees.
Self-studyCommittee Review Tracking
- Develop processes for tracking the self-study committees' review of thedatabase to determine level of compliance, collect evaluation results, findingsand recommendations for CQI projects, as necessary.
AccreditationSurvey Team Visit Preparation
- Assist in developing processes for distributing appropriate materials to andorientating faculty, staff, and students who will meet with the survey teamduring the visit.
- Schedule and staff orientation meetings to prepare those who will meet withthe survey team.
- Minimumof 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent,or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$18.03 - $25.04Compensation Type:
6Career Stream and Level:
Project MgmtJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard [email protected]Open Date:
11/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.