Graduate Admissions Specialist
Graduate Admissions SpecialistTracking Code703-674 Job Description
The Graduate Admissions Specialist forms an important part of the front line of the admissions operation of Valparaiso University’s graduate enrollment unit. They are responsible for reaching out to and guiding prospective graduate students through all stages of the enrollment process: from the initial indication of interest to matriculation. Specialists learn much about the admissions process at the graduate level and enhance existing skills and knowledge regarding communication, event planning, travel and recruiting, marketing, and outreach.
- Reaching out to and maintaining lines of communication with prospective graduate students, answering their queries, inviting them to events and visits, and providing them with a highly personal and sincere quality experience.
- Updating and reviewing records in our recruitment CRM and utilizing it effectively to manage pool of prospective students for which the specialist is responsible.
- Conducting events and personal visits.
- Crafting and delivering reports on recruitment to appropriate stakeholders.
- Traveling and attending fairs both in-person and virtual, on campus and off.
- Other recruitment activities and projects as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills in both interpersonal and public speaking settings
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to bridge cultural gaps within diverse domestic and international populations
- Understanding of VU’s Mission and culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with new media strategies such as social media and webinars
- Driver’s license and ability to travel overnight
- Discretion in working with sensitive information and ability to abide by FERPA rules
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Project oriented
- The ability to lift up to 30lbs in weight
Successful applicants will demonstrate a commitment to cultural diversity and the ability to work with individuals or groups from diverse backgrounds.
Employment at Valparaiso University will require a criminal background check.
To be considered for this position you must upload:
- Cover letter
- List of 3 professional references
- Answer all the application questions
Please address cover letter to:
Ryan J. Segally, Director of Enrollment Management
Graduate School & Continuing Education