Part-time Personal Trainer, Department of Campus Recreation
Job location: Winston Salem, NC Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
Personal Trainers within Campus Recreation are fitness professionals that possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to demonstrate safe and effective exercise and fitness program design. Trainers provide instruction, motivation, and accountability for the purpose of reaching the personal health and fitness goals of their clients. The position of Personal Trainer requires an enthusiastic attitude, attention to detail and the ability to adapt workout regiments around pre-existing medical conditions. Part-time.Job Description
- Provide quality customer service to all individuals including faculty, staff and students
- Positively represent Campus Recreation and Wake Forest University
- Ability to uphold and clearly communicate facility and university rules and regulations; apply safe practices, hold users accountable
- Attend staff meetings and required monthly trainings
- Perform all training in uniform and when appropriate with nametag
- Provide initial consultation to the client in order to identify goals, medical conditions, training needs or preferences
- Inform client of required payment fees as well as verify, confirm, and receive payment prior to any training session
- Clean and organize Personal Training equipment after use
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be current or obtain First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Successful completion of a nationally recognized Personal Trainer Certification. (ACSM, NASM, ACE, NSCA, CSCS, AFAA, etc) Must also maintain said certification in accordance to the varied guidelines set forth by the certification provider
- Must complete required departmental training designed to supplement the knowledge and skills obtained via certification prior to training any client
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Energetic and outgoing personality
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Reliable, trustworthy and punctual
- Previous exercise and fitness experience preferred
Part timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University