Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Motor Pool
Maintenance Mechanic 3 - Motor PoolPosting Number:
Maintenance Mechanic 3Classification Code:
626LRCW Exemption Criteria:
No ExemptionEWU Position Number:
Non-ExemptBargaining Unit :
BU 1% Full Time:
100Salary / Wage Range:
CS - 50GSalary Information:
$56,616 – $64,020Anticipated Start Date:
12/16/2020Term of Appointment:
Yes - Access to Funds or other items of valueResponsible HR User:
Vara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email address:
- Eastern Washington University is currently looking to fill a Maintenance Mechanic 3 position for our Motor Pool. The Maintenance Mechanic 3 will be responsible for leading the work of journey-level trades workers in the maintenance and repairs for all motorized equipment and vehicles owned or contracted by the university. As a working supervisor, this position is required to perform journey level work.
- The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays, tuition waiver benefit and more.
- See Job Duties section for detailed description of the position’s responsibilities.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement:
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment:
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Successful candidate must be able to pass a pre-placement physical.
- Candidate must have the physical ability to work inside, outside and wherever something breaks down.
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]
YesHearing Test :
YesMedical Monitoring Post Hire :
YesProtective Equipment :
Dust mask, eye/face/head and hearing protections, hi-vis vest, inclement weather gear, protective gloves, welding gear, and steel toe bootsRequired Qualifications:
- Physical ability to do the work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Require completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade and one year of experience as a journey-level worker in vehicle and equipment maintenance,
- Class A Combination Driver’s License (CDL) and the (H) Hazardous Materials Endorsement and the (N) Tank Vehicle Endorsement, which must be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Microsoft Office proficiency which includes the use of Outlook Calendar, Word and Excel.
- Experience entering information into a computerized system for tracking maintenance/repair work.
- Tracking and monitoring hazardous waste disposal.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- Supervisory experience
- Experience specifically with AIM and Mitchell 1 software
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Experience working in a business or shop with duties performing estimates.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Posting Date:
11/13/2020Open Until Further Notice:
11/29/2020Screening to Begin:
11/30/2020Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online applicant portal located at http://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
- Required application materials and information must include:
1. Cover letter, which explains how you meet or exceed each of the qualifications of the position, required and preferred if applicable. The preferred format is to provide a bulleted list within the body of the cover letter.
2. Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position.
3. List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
4 Answer the online questions.
5. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
6. Diversity Response: As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please respond under the posting specific questions section.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.