Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-12
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Job Family: Information Technology
Job Function: Information Security
Job Title: Security Analyst
FLSA Status: ExemptGeneral Description (Purpose and Function):
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort):
(Performs duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision)
- Protect the organization network by conducting security risk assessments for new hardware / software purchases.
- Prepare impact assessment reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches.
- Assist in IT security policy development and management.
- Develops and maintains IT security plans and standard operating procedures as required.
- Developments and delivers IT Security education and awareness training to ensure the user community is aware of their responsibilities.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Performs vulnerability scans and tracks remediation practices to protect against the exploitation of critical vulnerabilities.
- Recommend relevant security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
- Support the security team’s efforts in creating awareness about new security products and procedures, and projects as requested.
Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
- Report on progress and status of all projects and assignments
Uses project management tools to provide guidance and assist security team projects
- Must possess the ability to articulate in written and oral communication
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and the ability to multi-task is critical
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and able to interact with others.
- Provide documentation and assistance with meetings related to security compliance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with information systems security, processes, and data analysis tools. Must be experienced in conducting security assessment, audits, and IT project management. Must have a basic understanding with various operating systems, database concepts, and security tools. Must possess the ability to articulate in written and oral communication.
Must be able to manage multiple projects and the ability to multi-task is critical. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented and able to interact with staff and faculty. Critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy is critical. Must be able to work independently and on a team. Have or gain knowledge of Federal security standards such as FISMA, NIST 800-171, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, SANS and other frameworks such as COBIT and ISO2700. Have or gain knowledge of Data Privacy and Security regulations such as HIPAA, PCI, GLBA, GDPR and FERPA.Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity or Computer Science and 3-years relevant experience , 4-years preferred or, Master’s Degree and 1-year relevant experience, 2-years preferred. Technical Security certification or comparable preferred.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i105