Sr Patient Access Representative, FT, Anesthesiology, UHealth Campus
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-13
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
- Performs full registration ensuring that insurance is verified and all information is correct.
- Verifies patient demographic and insurance information and edits information as necessary.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, driver license, and HMO referrals/authorization when applicable. Assures all demographic insurance information is accurate, complete and up to date on patient's screen.
- Explains Consent for Treatment, Financial Liability and HIPAA (if applicable) to patient; obtains signatures.
- Determines the appropriate questionnaires required by individual physicians and instruct patient to complete, prior to their visit.
- Prints an arrival label and instructs the patient to appropriate waiting area.
- Schedules follow-up appointments as indicated by the physician adhering to Patient Appointments Policies and Procedures.
- Edits, Cancels, No-Shows patient appointment accurately with a zero % margin of error rate.
- Follows Patient Appointment guidelines pertaining to overbooking, scheduling, appointment types, etc.
- Reconciles all vouchers placing them by providers.
- Delivers Vouchers to designated area.
- Answer incoming telephone calls to the clinic.
- May serve as a team lead or subject matter expert to other employees.
- Monitors patient flow and communicates to Clinic Supervisor of any issues, including wait times, in the registration area throughout the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has broad and deep knowledge of own area as well as related areas
- Demonstrates sustained high level of proficiency in all aspects of job
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Education Requirements /Essential Requirements):
- High School Diploma.
Work Experience Requirements (Essent i al Requirements):
- Three years relevant experience in a medical office or hospital setting
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102