Senior Millwright Technician
Under the direct supervision of the Director or designee, the Senior Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for trouble shooting equipment failures, modifications, installations, fabrications, welding, rebuilds of equipment, proper rigging methods and work assignments.
- Install new equipment and fabricate parts. Modify new equipment to support applications. Use rigging and/or welding tools in repair or removal of equipment
- Troubleshot equipment failures and make recommendations
- Fabricate ductwork and mechanical equipment
- Fix, replace, and or rebuild motors, pumps and bearings etc.
- Align pumps and shafts using micrometers and measuring devices
- Responsible for equipment preventive maintenance for all mechanical systems such as Air-Handlers, belt changer, filter changers, greasing, coil cleaning, etc.
- Complete appropriate documentation ensuring accuracy of data for accreditation and compliance purposes
- Instruct staff members on best practice for repairs
- Use computerize management system to assign work effort
- Aid in the performance of routine duties, perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification where the work or task does not require a specific license
- Order supplies and insure availability of parts
- Assist in snow removal and campus emergencies
- Attend required trainings
- Perform other duties as required.
- Technical School or equivalent experience
- 10 years of related experience, including tinsmith and metal fabrication
- Welding certification and/or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel to offsite locations.