Work-Study Student Position, Work-Study Required
Work-Study Student Position, Work-Study RequiredPosting Number:
VP of Global Diversity & Intercultural AffairsDivision:
Diversity & Intercultural AffairsDepartment:
Diversity & Intercultural AffairsLocation:
GLODIIA Annex (former Engineering Research Annex)Student Supervisor:
Samantha BanksWork Study Required?:
Perform routine clerical duties in support of the Division of Global Diversity, Inclusion & Intercultural Affairs.
• Provides excellent customer service to faculty, staff, students, and guests needing assistance
• Answers the telephone, transfers calls, and takes accurate messages
• Working knowledge of computers and software
• Performs data entry
• Assists in file and records maintenance
• Runs campus errands
• Post and deliver incoming and outgoing mail
• Assists in maintaining the Division’s webpage and OrgSync page
• Informs campus constituents of diversity-related campus events and conferences via message boards and social networks: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Other administrative duties or special projects as assigned
• Must meet the eligibility requirements of the Federal Work-Study Program, as determined by the campus’ financial aid office.
• Reliable, dependable, and comfortable working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
• Willing and able to work in a team-centered environment.
• Possesses good computer skills and office etiquette.
• Working knowledge of office equipment and machines.
• The ability to learn and perform assigned work, work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and other students, and accept responsibility.
Sedentary, exerting up to 10 Ibs, occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.Certifications Required:
up to 19.5 hours per weekAdditional Instructions for Applicants:
Must understand and be able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.EEO Statement:
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.Security Sensitive Statement:
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.