Practice Supervisor (Family Medicine of Stratford)
Welcome to Rowan University’s Career Site
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Ric Edelman College of Communication & Creative Arts, the Colleges of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
Rowan University is committed to assisting all members of the Rowan community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available on the Department of Public Safety website at: https://sites.rowan.edu/publicsafety/_docs/annual_security_report.pdf
If you would like to receive a hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety Report which contains this information, you can stop by the Department of Public Safety Office, located at Bole Hall Annex, 201 Mullica Hill Road, Glassboro, NJ 08028 or you can request that a copy be mailed to you by calling (856) 256-4562 or 4506. The report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, public safety authority, crime reporting policies, fire safety, disciplinary procedures and other matters of importance related to security on campus. The report also contains information about fire statistics in Rowan University Residential Facilities and crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This information is required by federal law, Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act or "Clery Act" and is provided by the Rowan University Department of Public Safety.
Nondiscrimination at Rowan University: Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and supporting regulations, Rowan does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities that it operates; this extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its supporting regulations may be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education or to the University’s Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator:
Monise Princilus, Ed.S.
Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Office of Student Equity & Compliance
Savitz Hall, Suite 203
201 Mullica Hill Rd, Glassboro, NJ 08028
For information on the Title IX Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault policy and grievance procedures, please click here.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Practice Supervisor (Family Medicine of Stratford)
Job no: 494822
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Stratford, New Jersey
Categories: Clinical, Professional
Directs the non-physicians operations of the outpatient office efficiently and effectively. Works in coordination with the Physician and Administrative leaders to assure all program requirements are met as outlines in university polices. Assures that physicians are provided with necessary support to deliver high quality patient care. This includes, but is not limited to: front desk operations, billing procedures, hiring, training, supervising, evaluating and terminating staff, and resolving complaints. Performs a wide variety of administrative services within the department. Coordinates office support operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES include the following:
- Supervises and assists with the overall daily operations of Site. Responsible for all practice related activities involving personnel management, patient billing, facility issues, and implementation of department/office policies and procedures, ensures weekly missing charge report is reviewed and any missing charges are input into billing system.
- Responsible for building faculty schedules in IDX.
- Responsible for tracking all faculty scheduling changed via IDX and maintaining faculty time and attendance log.
- Maintains time and attendance records for staff. Schedules vacations for faculty and medical staff.
- Serves as a back-up to the Administrator for emergent situations and as otherwise needed.
- Plans and schedules the work of the site to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment, resources and materials within budgetary requirements.
- Makes recommendations regarding the hiring, firing, promoting, and/or disciplining of employees and other personnel changes. Prepares medical staffing schedules ensuring adequate staff in relation to number of physicians.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of the clinical staff and obtains necessary signatures.
- Prepares daily staff assignment so that staff rotates between front and back duties to assure that all skills are maintained.
- Evaluates patient flow and redirects staffing as needed to increase efficiency and to reduce cost.
- Resolves any conflicts regarding medical staff.
- Prepares payroll biweekly.
- Monitors on an ongoing basis the performance of the medical staff to assure a customer–friendly, physician-friendly environment.
- Assures completion of daily assignments by staff prior to leaving for the day.
- Reviews staff attendance to assure compliance with attendance policy on a monthly basis.
- On an as needed basis, performs front office responsibilities as outlined in the front Senior Receptionist/Patient Scheduled job description.
- Monitors staff to perform all responsibilities in accordance with existing regulations (OSHA, CLIA, etc.) Ensures proper sterilization procedures are available to clinical staff and that all staff comply with proper procedures.
- Ensures medications are stored properly and that access is given only to those authorized.
- Ensures clinical office is maintained in a professional and orderly manner whereby appearance in the clinical area is appropriately maintained and ensures staff appearance reflects professionalism.
- Trains staff on procedures and clinical information related to triaging of patient phone calls. Assigns staff to triaging responsibilities based on their level of knowledge.
- Trains staff on procedures and clinical information related to triaging rest results and determined abnormal results for physicians review.
- Works with providers to ensure patient management protocols are available as needed.
- Assures adequate clinical support is available to accommodate patient volume.
- Defines the work of the clinical staff within the assigned area to make maximum effective utilization of employees, equipment and material within budgetary requirements.
- Ensures staff acts as a clinical liaison with local hospitals or agencies to ensure the necessary processes are adhered to.
- Recommends new or revised departmental policies and procedures ensuring patient flow is maximized, provider time is used efficiently, staff time is used efficiently and patient satisfaction is maximized.
Office Management and Administrative Duties:
Understands and adheres to ROWAN's compliance standards as they appear in ROWAN's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and ROWAN regulation, laws and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in a health related field and two (2) years’ of supervisory and operations management experience. Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays as needed. Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrated excellent communication and organizations skills, ability to multitask and be flexible is required. Knowledge of Windows based programs is required. Knowledge of insurance plans preferred. Equivalent education, experience and/or training may be substituted for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
NOTE: Only completed, online applications submitted on or before the deadline will be considered.
Advertised: Nov 13 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Nov 27 2020 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time