TN Extension Internship Program: ANR/CED Agriculture Economics
POSITION X2042 Tennessee ExtensionInternship Program: ANR/CED Department ofAgricultural and Resource Economics 10-week Summer Internship
LOCATION The student will work in the Departmentof Agricultural and Resource Economics at the Universityof Tennessee in Knoxville, TN. Prior to starting the internship, interns willparticipate in a day-long orientation to familiarize them with TennesseeExtension Programs in ANR.
EFFECTIVE DATE Tentative--May 20 – July 29 or 30, 2021
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A stipend in the amount of $6,840 for the 10-weekinternship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it is expectedthat an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally, internsride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel and thereforedo not receive a travel budget allotment.
The successful candidate will assist AgriculturalEconomics Faculty and Graduate Students on a USDA funded grant to developproducer/processor contract templates for industrial hemp production, analyzecrop insurance products for industrial hemp, and work on other topics as assigned by the supervisor.
• Candidate must be enrolled in a collegeof agriculture, natural resources, environmental science or closely relatedmajor.
• Should have completed at least 50percent of the required course work for the Bachelor's degree with a cumulativeGPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher and has at least one more semester tocomplete after the summer internship has ended. Preference will be given tostudents presently enrolled in the University of Tennessee, Tennessee StateUniversity, any other university or college in Tennessee, or to a studentresident of Tennessee enrolled elsewhere. Preference will also be given tothose with Extension experience (i.e. former 4-H member, etc.). However, alleligible applicants will be considered.
• Must reside in, or live within areasonable commuting distance of the assigned location. Housing not provided.
• Must have own transportation to andfrom work.
• Must present a written and oralreport of the project accomplishments and training experience at the end of theinternship.
For best consideration, applications for the internshipshould be submitted by December 15, 2020. Applications receivedafter this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicantswill be notified by January 31, 2021.
Apply on-line at: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
· Attach Resume to Online Application
· Attach Transcript to OnlineApplication
Inquiries may be made to:
Dr. Aaron Smith
Department of Agricultural andResource Economics
Email: [email protected]
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Administration - Ext
Job Posting: Nov 13, 2020, 9:08:57 AM