TN Extension Internship Program: ANR/CED Department of Animal Science
POSITION X2041 Tennessee ExtensionInternship Program: ANR/CED Department of Animal Science 10-week SummerInternship
LOCATION The student will work in the Departmentof Animal Science in Knoxville, TN at the Universityof Tennessee. Prior to starting the internship, interns will participate in aday-long orientation to familiarize them with Tennessee Extension Programs in ANR.
EFFECTIVE DATE Tentative--May 20 – July 29 or 30, 2021
SALARY AND BENEFITS
A stipend in the amount of $6,400 for the 10-weekinternship is provided for each intern. As with any position, it is expectedthat an intern is able to get to and from work each day. Generally, internsride with Extension agents during significant work-related travel and thereforedo not receive a travel budget allotment.
• Aid in development of teachingmaterials and presentations for UT Beef and Forage Center
• Aid in curriculum development forTennessee 4H Beef Project
• Assist with 4H Beef Project eventsincluding Academic Conference and 4-H RoundUp
• Assist with UTBeef website upkeepand social media outreach concerning adult and youth extension events
• Assist with summer Tennessee MasterBeef Producer presentations across TN
• Work with Extension Specialist tocreate and revise beef nutrition management Extension publications
• Provide support as needed toextension projects and 4-H livestock events
• Candidate must be enrolled in acollege of agriculture, natural resources, environmental science or closelyrelated major.
• Should have completed at least 50percent of the required course work for the Bachelor's degree with a cumulativeGPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher and has at least one more semester tocomplete after the summer internship has ended. Preference will be given tostudents presently enrolled in the University of Tennessee, Tennessee StateUniversity, any other university or college in Tennessee, or to a studentresident of Tennessee enrolled elsewhere. Preference will also be given tothose with Extension experience (i.e. former 4-H member, etc.). However, alleligible applicants will be considered.
• Must reside in, or live within areasonable commuting distance of the assigned location. Housing not provided.
• Must have own transportation to andfrom work.
• Must present a written and oralreport of the project accomplishments and training experience at the end of theinternship.
For best consideration, applications for the internshipshould be submitted by December 15, 2020. Applications receivedafter this date will be reviewed if all slots have not been filled.
Applicants may be interviewed. Successful applicantswill be notified by January 31, 2021.
Apply on-line at: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_knoxville/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
- · Complete OnlineApplication
- · Attach Resume to Online Application
- · Attach Transcript to Online Application
- · Attach CompletedAddendum to Online Application (https://extension.tennessee.edu/employment/Pages/Internships.aspx)
Inquiries may be made to:
Dr. Katie Mason, AssistantProfessor and Beef Cattle Extension Specialist
258 Brehm Animal Science Bldg, 2506River Drive, Knoxville, TN 37996
Office: 865-974-8941, Cell:770-331-7805, Email: [email protected]
Job: Other Professional
Primary Location: US-Tennessee-Knoxville
Organization: Administration - Ext
Job Posting: Nov 12, 2020, 3:50:35 PM