Student Assisant- Team Lead Student Affairs
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Student Assisant- Team Lead Student AffairsDepartment:
DAL-Dean of Students-520000Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
$10.00 / hourlySalary Information:
$10.00 / HourlyDepartment Summary:
The UNT Dallas Student Affairs office is here to engage and develop students through co-curricular activities targeted at creating a holistic experience for the entire student body. Our primary vision is grounded in affecting change through student life, student success, and student learning.Position Summary:
Under supervision, the Team Lead Student Assistant will perform a variety of duties in support of academic research projects, monitor student worker job-task, and contact with the public. Performs clerical and manual duties that involve limited use of specialized skills and equipment. Work usually follows prescribed or well-established procedures, and is normally reviewed or verified on completion. Detailed instructions will be given for new assignments or more varied tasks; however, the employee may work with some independence on routine matters. May coordinate the work of a group of lower level Student Assistants.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
(These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed in positions allocated to this class.)
• Manage the work schedule shift for regular student assistants.
• Coordinates arrangements for conferences, programs, meetings, special events.
• Greet and appropriately direct visitors to Student Affairs staff.
• Supervises inventories of supplies and equipment.
• Performs administrative operational functions for administrators.
• Provide excellent customer service
• Schedule appointments for Student Affairs staff
• Manage room reservation process
• Create and disseminate marketing materials
• Serves as departmental representative in meetings and interdepartmental contacts.
• Makes recommendations for and implements changes in office procedures.
• Effectively manage security sensitive/confidential information
• Answer Student Affairs incoming phone calls
• Set up materials for programs and events (including making copies, assembling packets for workshops, fairs, and events)
• Tally Student Affairs service utilization
• Pick up and distribute mail for Student Affairs
• Assist with making handouts for workshops and other tasks as needed by Student Affairs staff.
• All other duties as assigned
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
• Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Some knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately.
• Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual.
• Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
Previous experience as a Student AssistantWork Schedule:
Person must be available to work Monday through Friday, flexible according to student’s schedule.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Carrying, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear, Lifting up to 25 poundsPosting Number:
Stu084HPSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit class schedule and available work hours.Quicklink for Posting: