Utility TechnicianNovember 10, 2020
The Utility Technician will perform work necessary to maintain the property in an orderly, clean, and safe condition. This role is responsible for assisting with the maintenance and repair of electrical, ballasts, plumbing, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems within all campus facilities.
- Ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules and standards.
- Maintains records and follow good documentation practices.
- Performs the required tests on boilers, water systems, water cooling towers and others.
- Inspects mechanical equipment to determine repair needs.
- Works as part of a team to read and interpret information, monitor equipment, and inspect product to maintain quality standards.
- Installs light fixtures and change ballasts.
- Adjusts and adds required chemicals to maintain water systems within parameters.
- Able to read and understand the equipment instrumentation.
- Move large/heavy objects and assist with project setup/takedown.
- Maintain and keep inventory of all supplies and equipment to ensure all necessary tools are on hand and in working order.
- Keep maintenance office, utility rooms, storage areas, and all common area spaces neat and organized.
- Assist other team members as necessary in accomplishing tasks.
- Respond to emergency calls during scheduled and non-scheduled work hours as assigned. Must be available for call on assigned days. Examples of emergencies include, but are not limited to: unclog sinks and/or toilets, smoke detectors, broken pipes or water leaks, HVAC troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to follow instructions and directions, including following safety protocol.
- Safely and properly use of ladders, lifts, basic hand tools, multi meters, amp probes,
anemometers (airflow meter and hood), pressure gauges, drain augers, plungers, safety goggles, ear protection and fire extinguishers.
- Willingness and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to apply new work methods effectively.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Philip Bryan at [email protected] and include Utility Technician in the subject line. No calls please.
The College strives to provide employees with the competitive benefit package in the industry, including tuition benefits. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.