Enrollment Operations Specialist
Job no: 492444
Work type: Full-time
Location: St. Louis, MO
Categories: Administrative & Support, Customer Service, Operational Excellence
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Enrollment Operations Specialist will provide support services for the integrated functions of Enrollment Operations and the Division of Operational Excellence to efficiently and successfully enroll students with exemplary customer service and utmost care.
This position provides customer-focused support to current and incoming students. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
Primary Job Function:
• Accurately process all required admission data for undergraduate, graduate and online applicants and applications in a timely manner.
• Advocate for students to identify areas to collaborate cross-functionally among leadership teams in other Divisions.
• Monitor and respond appropriately to email inquiries in a timely manner.
• Create, implement, manage, and document processes to establish standard operating procedures for Enrollment Operations.
• Plan and implement projects to produce streamlined processes, improved efficiencies, and an enhanced student experience that aligns with strategic growth initiatives with the online student population.
• Acquire expertise in department processes to serve as troubleshooting escalation point.
• Gather data, conduct interviews, analyze results and generate reports to measure success and to identify improvements, refine processes, and generate workflows.
• Actively contribute to meetings by representing the department, including in the absence of the Associate Director.
• Position may be remote, on-campus or blended.
• Position may require additional hours during high volume times.
• Bachelor degree
• Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively present information
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Basic math skills and strong analytical skills with the ability to read and understand reports
• Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Windows applications, file management, and Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
• Ability to meet deadlines, be detail-oriented, handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an open office environment
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• Professional experience in higher education (graduate assistantship internship or work-study will be accepted)
• High volume customer service or call center experience
• Experience using Salesforce CRM, Image Now, or Ellucian Colleague
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: November 13, 2020