Lead Custodian🔍Residential & Dining Enterprises, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Facilities📅5 days ago Post Date📅87806 Requisition #This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment.Anticipated Shift: The anticipated shift is based on the operational needs and can change at any time with notice.
- Tuesday-Saturday 7:45am-4:15pm
- Sunday-Thursday 7:45am-4:15pm
- Organize and maintain all equipment and chemicals in the custodial closet in a secure, clean, and ready condition for use.Understand how to properly prepare, store, and use all chemicals and maintain MSDS manual on cleaning chemicals.Clean a variety of floors and floor coverings.Clean, scrub, sweep, pick up, wipe, wash, dust, brush, and polish all common interior/exterior areas including walls, handrails, fixtures, woodwork, ceilings, furniture, light fixtures, appliances, picture frames, mirrors, water fountains, switch covers, and shelving.Clean and sanitize bathrooms (private and communal) which include, but are not limited to, showers, tubs, sinks, toilets, and fixtures.Clean and sanitize all common areas including, but not limited to, lounge areas, laundry rooms, kitchenettes, and locker areas. Clean kitchenette, including removing and relocating dishes from counter to designated area; clean exterior and interior of stove, refrigerator, sink, counter tops, cabinets, and drawers.Provide full-service support for summer programs including, but not limited to, cleaning guest rooms, making beds with clean linens, and providing towels for bathroom use.Report emergencies, damages, fixtures/furniture losses, and maintenance needs, safety issues, and equipment repairs.Clean glass windows and doors.Perform a variety of labor related tasks including, but not limited to, moving and setting up furniture for special events; replacing light bulbs, replacing vacuum cleaner bags and belts, picking up and delivering flyers, performing periodic inspections, and various other tasks required in the event of an emergency.Perform light maintenance work such as simple painting, replacing washers in faucets, cleaning out and/or plunging drains, and using water removal equipment in the event of flooding.Demonstrate cleaning techniques, equipment, and cleaning chemicals to new employees and seasonal temporary employees.Responsible for insuring that the key rings are secure at all times and checked in at the end of each shift.Responsible for adhering to all safety guidelines and procedures including, but not limited to, wearing safety gear in performing tasks such as safety glasses, gloves, and protective clothing when appropriate.
- This lead position is responsible for communicating HBM/HOS-assigned work tasks to custodial workers and following up on the completion of daily tasks.This lead position is a point of contact when the HBM/HOS is out of the office.This lead position assists with the training of new and seasonal employees by demonstrating cleaning techniques, equipment, and cleaning chemicals.
- Commercial cleaning chemicalsCommercial cleaning suppliesCleaning equipment (vacuum, mop, broom, rake, blower, and other powered equipment)
- This position is considered moderately to highly physical, and requires standing, bending, lifting, and walking throughout the majority of the shift. Approximately 95% of time is spent standing, walking, or moving around work area, and approximately 5% of time is spent working at a desk or sitting. The ability to lift and carry up to forty (40) pounds on a regular basis is necessary for transporting supplies and goods.The ability to stoop, kneel, carry, ascend/descend stairs, climb ladder, push and pull, maintain a firm grasp, and conduct work above head height on a regular basis. Clear diction in English and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers and students.
- A minimum 3+ years’ custodial/janitorial experience required.At least one year successful experience leading, directing, and evaluating the workflow of others required.High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.Able to understand, speak, read/write, follow direction, and direct the workflow of others in the English language required.Above average customer service skills.Ability to solicit the cooperation of others with positive outcomes.Ability to communicate issues that arise to the direct supervisor or to the designated backup supervisor in their absence.Willingness and ability to ascend/descend stairs and/or ladder, push and pull, work above head, bend, stoop, lift, load, reach, and grasp, as well as carry 40 pounds or more.Successful ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities. Willingness to work variable shifts, days of week, overtime, and work in various locations.Valid CA Driver's License required.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English; ability to communicate effectively and cooperatively with co-workers, guests, other departments, and management in English on a daily basis. The ability to learn and apply safe work practices, including hazardous waste management and handling, injury and illness prevention program, confined space procedures, and safe chemical practices. Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to motivate self and to work professionally with co-workers.Demonstrates ability to originate constructive and appropriate action to achieve results.Ability to follow through on tasks to completion in a timely manner.Demonstrates the ability to maintain a service attitude and approach to students and other customers.Demonstrates good attendance, neatness, punctuality, accuracy, and personal hygiene. Demonstrates the ability to provide a positive service attitude and approach to students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the University. Ability to be respectful of residents and co-worker’s privacy and property. Ability to maintain and support a respectful work place at all times.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7653
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A68
- Requisition ID: 87806