Assistant Director, Technical Operations
Assistant Director, Technical Operations🔍Athletics, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Facilities📅5 days ago Post Date📅87794 Requisition #Position: Assistant Director, Technical Operations
Reports To: Assistant Athletics Director, Technical Operations
Job Code: 4221
- Oversee, manage, and direct all day-to-day video and audio coverage for varsity events including but not limited to football, women’s volleyball, men’s volleyball and baseball as well as postseason, University and special events. Responsibilities include inventory control, creating and uploading content, and serving as the liaison for television crews.
- Oversee contingent scheduling.
- Oversee content management; including creation, uploading, and testing for varsity and outside events.
- Work with internal and external partners to develop, create, and upload content for video board shows, voiceovers, crowd prompts, and other projects. Includes quality control and proofing. Horizontal management of peers is also required to successfully accomplish this task.
- Act as a conference liaison to ensure cooperation with guidelines and provide suitable AV needs for PAC-12 competitions.
- Create, implement, and manage preventative maintenance plans for equipment.
- Research and forecast emergent technologies and trends and report latest innovations for in-venue video boards and game day elements.
- Work with Assistant Athletics Director, Technical Operations in planning, installing, and commissioning capital AV projects as they are fundraised for.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge in analog, digital video, fiber and audio systems are crucial for this position. Starting with camera capturing and ending with video display, the knowledge of the routing, switching and recording is a must.
- Working knowledge of non-linear video editing systems, video playback, LED displays, cameras and related hardware.
- Clear understanding of graphic design, video editing, live broadcast technology, video transcoding, graphic files and music genres.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgement, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Successfully collaborate with other groups, especially Fan Experience, Marketing, Creative Video, Communications and sports programs.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and train staff for high performance.
- Extensive knowledge of Daktronics front end and display systems.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Encore DVD, Audition and various equipment such as routers, switchers, controllers and design software.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of broadcast quality television, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound and editing.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of audio, visual and computer equipment.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4221
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 87794