Finance Associate🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United StatesNew📁Finance📅5 days ago Post Date📅87812 Requisition #The Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases encompasses all aspects of infectious diseases and geographic medicine, including clinical microbiology, hospital epidemiology, AIDS, international health, mechanisms of pathogenesis, the role of microbes in chronic & unexplained disease, human microbial ecology, parasitology, microbial & viral genomics, and tropical medicine.Under the direction of the COVID Vaccine team, the Finance Associate is responsible for using the data in an internal database to process a high volume of stipends for the study as well as monitoring and tracking accounts payable and receivable information. Duties include:
- Review, process, gather, and compile accounting transactions and documents for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Review transactions, support documents, journal postings, etc. for accuracy, consistency, authorizations and compliance. Monitor transactions in accounting systems for clearing and outstanding items.
- Compile, maintain, and review data and daily reports for accuracy. Generate standardized financial reports.
- Resolve transactional inquiries, escalate broader issues.
- May be responsible for p-card administration, processing, travel cards and expendable reimbursements.
- May establish accounts in financial systems; prepare invoices.
- Respond to transactional inquiries from client groups.
- Participate in new initiatives, as needed such as user testing.
- Maintain accounting/finance departmental files and desktop procedures and process documents for area of responsibility. Ensure compliance with university policies, and federal regulations and requirements.
- Attention to detail required.
- High School diploma or equivalent and two years’ work experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures.
- Ability to operate computerized office applications and accounting systems.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork or parts, grasp lightly, and use fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10 pounds or less.
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and squat.
- Rarely stand, walk, reach or work above shoulders and use a telephone.
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4440
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 87812