Senior Office Coordinator
Position: Senior Office Coordinator Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 583 # of Openings: 1 Senior Office Coordinator Job OverviewThis position serves as administrative assistant to the Senior Director for Vocation and Alumni Engagement/Executive Director of the Wheaton College Alumni Association and manages the front desk office and projects coordinator position. In addition to administrative oversight for Vocation and Alumni Engagement (two departments: Alumni and Parent Engagement and Center for Vocation and Career), the senior office coordinator is also responsible for all administration related to the Wheaton College Alumni Association Board of Directors. Required to work Homecoming and Alumni Weekends. Duties and Responsibilities Vocation and Alumni Engagement –
- Manages senior director’s schedule; works with colleagues, alumni and parents to schedule individual and group meetings.
- Receives and organizes correspondence for senior director, including referrals and follow-up. Answers and/or drafts responses to routine correspondence. Corresponds directly on matters of delegated responsibility.
- Manages details of Alumni/Parent Engagement budget, including tracking expenses and moving funds as necessary.
- Serves as office manager for Westgate and ensures this historic building is functioning properly, including overseeing work orders, storage, upkeep, and maintenance.
- Supervises front desk office and projects coordinator.
- Serves as administrator for WCAA Board of Directors: schedules and organizes four meeting weekends; coordinates meals and housing; prepares materials for committees, meetings and manuals as directed; attends Orientation and all meetings.
- Assists with organization and implementation of grant, scholarship, and award applications for WCAA-designated programs, maintains files for these programs, and schedules interviews.
- Records official minutes of Board meetings.
- Prepares WCAA annual report and new Board member information for Wheaton magazine.
- Schedules WCAA Board functions as requested by the executive director, and maintains a four-year schedule for WCAA Board meetings.
- Minimum of two years of higher education and five years’ experience in a related professional field (office administration, event planning, project management)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and commitment to excellent customer service
- Significant experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Some understanding of Wheaton College and Wheaton College Alumni Association is a plus