Medical Central Service Technician Instructor
Part-time/Hourly Instructor – Non-CreditPosition Number:
Medical Central Service Technician InstructorStatus of Position:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time hourly instructor to teach the medical central service (sterile processing) vocational program in the evenings and weekends. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Continuing Education and Workforce Development with direct working relationship with Program Coordinator.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Instruct students in the fundamentals of human anatomy, physiology, microbiology and infection control.
2. Describe decontamination and instrumentation preparation.
3. Prepare and package instruments for sterilization.
4. Describe sterilization, sterile storage and distribution procedures.
5. Comprehend importance of inventory control.
6. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
7. Submit and maintain accurate records of grades and attendance.
8. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
9. Plan and update curriculum for instructional activities including lecture, class discussions and exams.
10. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions limited to indoor classroom activities.
1. Current Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution.
2. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
3. Experience using technology in the classroom.
4. Experience teaching, especially at the community college level.
5. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
6. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
7. Associate Degree.
1. BSN Degree.
2. Experience teaching at the college level.
3. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse groups.
4. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
5. Five years’ job experience.
Varies, part-time assignmentsPosting Date:
11/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.