Clinical Medical Assistant Instructor
Hourly; Part-timePosition Number:
Clinical Medical Assistant InstructorStatus of Position:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time hourly instructor to provide theory and clinical training for the clinical medical assistant vocational program. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Continuing Education and Workforce Development with direct working relationship with Program Coordinator.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and provide lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum for industry credentials.
2. Plan for instructional activities supporting curriculum.
3. Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms.
4.Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional activities.
5. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus.
6. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning outcomes are being met.
7. Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
8. Plan and update curriculum for instructional activities including lecture, class discussions and exams.
9. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
10. Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance and maintain communication with Program Coordinator regarding such activity.
11.Grade assignments, return graded assignments to students, and assign final satisfactory/unsatisfactory grades for all students in a timely manner.
12. Process course midterm and end grades according to policy.
13. Monitor all equipment and supply inventory in locked facilities.
14. Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the Program Coordinator.
15. Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from staff offices when needed.
16. Communicate with Program Coordinator on all issues related to students.
17. Perform other duties as required.
1. Licensure or certification in related field such as Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
2. Three years of experience as a Medial Assistant or in a directly related field.
3. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
4. Instructional/training experience.
1. Bachelor Degree.
2. Experience teaching, especially at the community college level.
3. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
4. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
11/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.