Home Inspection Instructor
Home Inspection InstructorStatus of Position:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time hourly instructor to teach Home Inspection classes in the evenings. Course instruction includes licensing for Illinois and Indiana Home Inspection certification exams. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Continuing Education and Workforce Development with direct working relationship with Program Coordinator.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Instruct students in the fundamentals of performing a professional home inspection.
2. Instruct students in the rules and regulations of the Illinois and Indiana State Standards.
3. Plan and update curriculum for instructional activities including lecture, class discussions and exams.
4. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus.
5. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
6. Submit and maintain accurate records of grades and attendance.
7. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
1. Licensed Illinois Home Inspector.
2. Job experience of 10 years.
3. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
4. Experience using technology in the classroom.
5. Experience teaching, especially at the community college level.
6. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
7. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
8. Associate Degree.
1. Licensed Illinois and Indiana Home Inspector.
2. Licensed Home Inspector entrepreneur.
3. Bachelor Degree.
Various part-time assignmentsPosting Date:
11/13/2020Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.