Director of Business Systems and Analytics
Department:: Institutional Research & Planning
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Nov 13, 2020
Closes:: Nov 27, 2020 - 11:59 PM EST
Director of Business Systems and Analytics: Institutional Research and Planning; 37.5 hours per week; Non-Unit Professional Position
The Director of Business Systems and Analytics works closely with institutional research, business stakeholders, and the center for corporate and community education to provide ongoing support and new deployments of business intelligence tools, dashboards, reporting, and analytics. This position primarily supports the non-credit (continuing education, workforce development, personal enrichment) activities of NECC. This position reports to the Dean of Institutional Research and Planning
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 2021
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Implementation, maintenance and upgrade of Destiny One (the non-credit student lifecycle management platform): Provides expertise for the project management, implementation, maintenance, upgrading and training for Destiny One.
- Data Stewardship for non-credit data: Accountable for data accuracy, access, privacy, security, data management policies and standards and data definitions.
- Data integration and analysis: Provides strategic decision support through research, data analytics and data visualizations.
Implementation, maintenance and upgrade of Destiny One (40%)
- Becomes the subject matter expert for Destiny One.
- Leads implementation, maintenance and upgrade projects.
- Provides insight and recommendations to stakeholders around potential process changes or solutions.
- Configures the system to meet business goals.
- Coordinates testing and validation.
- Develops and maintains documentation, training materials and provides user support and training to ensure they can leverage the unique functionalities, processes and automations built-in to the software.
- Identifies modifications and improvements to enhance efficiencies and performance of existing system features.
- Forms and chairs the cross-functional operational team with Non-credit and Enrollment Services.
- Acts as main contact person with the vendor to report issues, production down, and requests.
- Develops strong relationships with the Director of CCCE, with Enrollment Services and Information Technology Services, others in non-credit area, and with vendors.
Data Steward (20%)
- Responsible for non-credit data access, privacy, quality and integrity.
- Establishes and documents data definitions for all non-credit data in coordination with non-credit program manager.
- Represents the non-credit areas on the Data Governance Team.
- Establishes and monitors data capture and usage policies.
- Responsible for defining and implementing policies and procedures for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of systems and data, including the intake, storage, processing, and transmittal of data to internal and external systems.
- Provides training and documentation for employees with data-entry and maintenance responsibilities.
Data integration and analysis (40%)
- Collects and analyzes qualitative and quantitative data, and works with stakeholders to interpret analysis results with a focus on actionable next steps.
- Leverages story-telling skills to deliver insights that are clear, concise and actionable.
- Develops and/or maintain reports, as needed, to support analytics.
- Integrates appropriate data sources and developing interactive reports.
- Develops creative ways to analyze and display data using interactive and static visualization formats.
- Participates in formulation of research studies to support institutional priorities including refining research questions; determining appropriate statistical analyses of data; summarizing research findings; and writing reports with concise, relevant, clear, and accurate data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as social science, information systems, statistics, math, data analytics, business or a related field
- Three (3) years' experience preferably in a college setting
- Experience with application implementations or upgrades
- Knowledge and experience building data visualizations, dashboards and stories using Tableau (or similar software)
- Understanding of data management and data governance
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Willingness to investigate, learn, and initiate new processes, technologies, and analytical tools
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-functional team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to learn systems quickly and effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with ethnically, cultural, and socially diverse populations in a multi-campus environment
- Project management experience
- Experience with CRM, ERP, or CMS
- Experience with a data warehouse and/or business intelligence systems
- Working knowledge of programming (e.g. SQL, R, Python, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Experience with Destiny One and Banner
SALARY: Anticipated starting salary is $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 annually with complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: November 27, 2020
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery