CSTEP Academic Coach (Part Time)
Category:: Academic Support
Locations:: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posted:: Nov 13, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Position ID:: 126373
About Dutchess Community College:
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful and historic mid-Hudson Valley, just 90 minutes north of New York City, DCC is part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country. A winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, DCC is dedicated to respecting individuality, embracing diversity and partnering with the community to achieve shared goals. The College welcomes applications from faculty and staff who share and are anxious to support the institution's values of Excellence, Access, Diversity, Collaboration and Accountability, and who are passionate about engaging with both students and the community.
The CSTEP Academic Coach will support and assist the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) students and its programming for student success. The part-time Academic Coach works closely with the CSTEP Director to meet the needs of program students, assess and provide career and advisement services as needed; this includes assisting in implementation of programming.
- Meet individually with program students forcoaching and academic advisement sessions
- Provide assessment data to program director as needed
- Work with students to develop individualized pathways to success
- Assist in the selection of program applicants
- Conduct workshops and presentations for student participants
- Participate in all program and college related activities as requested by Program Director
- Assist CSTEP students securing internship and research opportunities
- Conduct workshops related to student success, scholarship, internship and transfer
- Assist with the monitoring of students' Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) and internship requirements
- Assist with recruitment including but not limited to: orientations, campus events, off campus events and classroom visits
- Assist with retention by working effectively with students and program Director in implementing specific high impact programming
- Assist with monitoring student progress via Starfish, mid-term evaluations, semester grades, and other early alerts intervention methods
- Assist students with the financial aid processes
- Assist the peer mentors and peer mentoring programs
- Maintain students' documents and record-keeping system
Bachelor's degree required with minimum 2 years of experience with college population. Master's degree preferred.
Ability to work with a variety of students and professional staff.
Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
Ability to manage time, multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of various computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point).
Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Available up to 25 hours per week between the hours 9 am - 5 pm Monday through Friday, flexible hours, and possibly evenings or Saturday hours during the semester and between semesters.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Dutchess Community College is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.