Online Adjunct Professor - DNP/FNP Program
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Online Adjunct Professor - DNP/FNP ProgramDoes this position require driving?:
Maranda SandersContact Email:
The Liberty University Doctor of Nursing Practice Program online faculty will facilitate learning through online course instruction to students enrolled in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program online courses. Duties include but are not limited to: tracking student attendance, facilitating instruction and grading assignments, supporting students within regards to answering questions or providing course guidance and maintaining an interactive, collaborative online learning environment. Faculty must be licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) in one of the fifty United States and also nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner and maintains their own clinical practice, they may also be considered for a position as an FNP practicum faculty member. If the online FNP faculty is being considered to also support the residential FNP program, they will need to be licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner in the state of Virginia.
Family Nurse Practitioner courses may be didactic or practicum. A Practicum Faculty will serve as the primary practicum resource for designated students enrolled in Family Nursing Practicum Courses. The Practicum Faculty role is to supply indirect practicum supervision in order to supplement the Practicum Lead Course Faculty and Preceptor’s teaching, serve as a liaison to a community agency and preceptor, and to evaluate student practicum progress. In addition, this faculty member may teach online courses depending on education and credentials.
A) Facilitate online courses, including tracking attendance, providing student support, grading assignments, managing discussion boards and supporting an interactive,
collaborative learning environment.
B) Complete annual required self-evaluations continued education requirements for online learning/education.
C) Complete bi-weekly check-in requirements for LUO faculty.
D) Additional duties as assigned.
E) Practicum faculty will also provide student guidance, indirect supervision and evaluation of students, practicum sites and preceptors.
The following responsibilities apply to practicum
1) Collaborates with the Family Nursing Practicum Lead Faculty, Practicum Coordinator and ultimately, the Chair of DNP/APRN, Nursing to support the Family
Nurse Practitioner/Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, Family Nursing Practicum Courses.
2) Provides indirect practicum supervision to designated students, consistent with the learning objectives that include advising, supervising, and evaluating Family
Nursing Practicum students.
3) Provides direct support to Family Nursing Practicum Lead Faculty through the grading of practicum assignments of designated students.
4) Serves as the primary liaison on behalf of Liberty University School of Nursing between the Practicum Preceptor and Practicum Course Lead Faculty.
5) Conducts direct evaluation of designated practicum students in the practicum setting at least once during each practicum course.
6) Conducts practicum site visit as designated for assigned students in order to evaluate the practicum site and preceptor abilities to meet practicum requirements and
student learning objectives.
7) Additional duties as assigned.
-Graduate degree in nursing with preparation as a FNP
-Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
-Current and unencumbered Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license for the state
where candidate is located
- National certification as a FNP from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association
of Nurse Practitioners® (AANP)
• Current clinical practice in the role of FNP.
• Excellent personal communication, computer skills, and professional manner
• Current certification in American Heart Association CPR for Healthcare Provider with an AED
Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard/Canvas or similar LMS and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain nursing licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
-Blackboard/Canvas or similar LMS experience
-Online teaching experience
-DNP or PhD degree
-Five years of experience as a FNP in a direct-care setting
Work Hours 10-20 hours per week for each course taught.Posting Date:
11/13/2020Special Instructions for Applicants:
Proof of RN license and other applicable certifications must be uploaded along with submission of application.Quicklink: