ATHLETIC TRAINER INTERNSHIP #00059781, #00071763, #00074387
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34903
Student Health Services
Open Until Filled
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Temporary, Non-benefit eligible
9 month appointment (works primarily during academic year)
$10.00 - $13.34/hour
Missouri University of Science & Technology (Missouri S&T), a Division II member of the NCAA and a member of the Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC), has 3 Certified Athletic Trainer - Internship positions open in the Sports Medicine Department. The successful candidate will be joining a cutting edge Sports Medicine Program and should be able to perform the highest quality healthcare to the student-athletes in our 15 sports. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to: serving as the primary athletic trainer for assigned sports, practice and game coverage, travel, communication with Team Physicians and medical providers.
- Performs routine tasks as assigned using existing procedures, practices, techniques, etc.
- Organizes and coordinates travel arrangements, practice times, medical records/files, etc.
- Performs standard assignments and responsibilities and makes recommendations for improvement/efficiency, resourcing, etc., as necessary
- Performs administrative duties related to athletic activities including assisting with coordination and scheduling
- Maintains and adheres to schedules
- Coordinates with external parties for the exchange of necessary information
- Works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and to meet established deadlines
- Exchanges information in a straightforward manner
- Develops working relationships with related, internal teams/parties
- Work closely with Team Physician and other Athletic Trainers in providing medical care and administering rehab to assigned student athletes
- Practice and game coverage of sports assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer
- Day and Overnight Travel with assigned sports as determined by Head Athletic Trainer
- Update student athlete EMR daily
- Daily upkeep of the Athletic Training Rooms
- Maintain accurate hour log
- Daily communication with coaches about student athlete’s condition
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a CAATE accredited institution
- MO State Licensure eligibility
- First Aid/CPR, AED certification
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: