Buildings & Events
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Performs custodial functions in campus academic and non-academic buildings. This position is responsible for maintaining assigned areas in a neat, clean and sanitary manner. Successful candidate needs to be able to work in a diverse environment with Students, Staff, Faculty and Visitors.
- Receives assignments in either a verbal or written form from a supervisor.
- Follows a routine schedule utilizing approved procedures. Maintains various flooring types; dusts and washes walls, partitions, windows; maintains bathroom, showers and other similar facilities. Removes trash and other related duties as assigned.
- Is responsible, as assigned, for unlocking and locking various interior and exterior building doors.
- Operates power operated custodial equipment.
- Moves and relocates furniture, small equipment and belongings not characteristic of rigging.
- During winter, clears snow from steps and exits as assigned.
- For sponsored events, sets up, assists at and returns campus facilities to their original state of use.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs.
- High School education required.
- Ability to use various types of cleaning equipment, both powered and non powered.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a Criminal Check and Drivers License Check.
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Custodian_R0000828
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency