VICE DEAN FOR EDUCATIONAL AFFAIRS AND CURRICULUM
VICE DEAN FOR EDUCATIONAL AFFAIRS AND CURRICULUM
Posting Number: SRGV4704
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Education and Academic Affairs
Scope of Job:
Oversees all aspects of medical education spanning undergraduate, graduate, interprofessional and continuing education for the School of Medicine (SOM).
Description of Duties:
• Provides leadership, coordination, oversight, and support to the Associate and Assistant Deans who manage the day-to-day operations of the School of Medicine offices of Educational Affairs/Undergraduate Medical Education, Graduate Medical Education, Interprofessional Education and Continuing Medical Education.
• Develops and applies measures of educational quality and quality improvement related to academic programs.
• Leads and manages systems and policies that support academic program planning, implementation, evaluation, and continuous improvement.
• Develops and monitors the budget and resources for the assigned areas.
• Provides advice, guidance, and policy development on academic matters and works closely with the university leadership on academic planning, educational policy issues, and accreditation actions.
• Oversees the enhancement of the four-year integrated undergraduate medical curriculum.
• Ensures that the content, delivery, evaluation, and quality improvement activities related to the curriculum are in compliance with LCME accreditation standards.
• Accountable for developing innovative, future-oriented educational programs; meeting academic accreditation standards; and forging effective inter-and-intra-professional partnerships with faculty and staff to fulfill the School’s academic mission.
• Supports and mentors the career development of Associate and Assistant Deans who are direct reports.
• Develops processes, policies and procedures as necessary to ensure compliance and that standards are exceeding LCME, ACGME and ACCME requirements in all areas of medical education.
• Ensures all curriculum and student policies, Student Handbook and Course Catalog are up to date.
• Participates in committees and other administrative duties as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Terminal degree aligned with health professions education and scholarly activity and educational achievement from an accredited university.
Medical degree (MD)
• Six (6) years of increasingly responsible professional experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment and commitment to do so as a faculty member of UTRGV SOM.
• Rank of associate professor or professor.
• Experience as a leader (e.g. Assistant or Associate Dean) in medical education.
• Experience with LCME site visits and accreditation.
• Experience managing large budgets and providing supervision for multiple employees.
Prior academic health center experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley.
Conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated record of excellent interpersonal and communications skills with students, staff, and faculty. Ability to work with administrative leadership of the School of Medicine and the University. Ability to represent the interests of all constituencies on an equitable basis. Expertise and experience in academic program evaluation including meeting accreditation standards.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26331
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency