Director of Business Development Services
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2020-096
Posting Start Date: 11/12/2020
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: YES
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Director of Business Development ServicesDescription/Job SummaryOverview of position: Summary of position’s responsibilities: The Director of Business Development Services develops long term organizational strategic goals and builds key customer relationships in the workforce industry. Responsibilities/DutiesA Director of Business Development Services is responsible for:
- Expanding business partners to include new sales strategies, market and business growth plans, and managing the full cycle of sales and prospect development;
- Meeting potential clients by growing, maintaining and leveraging your network;
- Presenting and consulting with senior management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels;
- Developing long term organizational strategic goals and builds key customer relationships with partners to align with workforce industry;
- Identifying business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions;
- Ability to work well with diverse populations of business/community leaders, students, faculty, and staff;
- Strong problem-solving, coordination and negotiating skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong public speaking ability;
- Basic knowledge of computer technology and software;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education or related field;
- Five (5) years’ experience in developing business and strategic partnerships among organizations including the public sector, institutions of higher education and the business community;
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience in a management capacity;
- Master’s Degree in Business, Education or related field;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in developing business and partnerships among organizations;
- Seven (7) years’ experience working in higher education and/or business environments;
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible managerial and leadership experience in a management capacity;
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail