Human Resources Recruiter
Department:: Human Resources
Locations:: Springfield, MA
Posted:: Nov 12, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Ref. No.:: 2679
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Develops, facilitates, and leads the phases of the recruitment process; including, but not limited: to maintaining job descriptions, preparing and placing job postings, screening applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, making verbal offers of employment, preparing written offer letters and orienting new employees including completion of new hire paperwork. Collaborates with the Hiring Manager and the Director of Human Resources during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details. Monitors and ensures adherence to recruitment and selection policies, procedures, and protocols.
Processes employment contracts, including: updating spreadsheets, reviewing for accuracy, and completing mail merges within established timeframes.
Maintains updated knowledge of best practices, trends, regulatory and legal changes, and new technologies in recruitment, revising the recruiting manual and related policies and protocols as needed.
Train and oversee student workers on recruitment.
Process regular reporting and ad-hoc reporting
Other duties as assigned
- Required Degree(s): Bachelors' degree
- Required Field of Expertise: 3-5 years as an employment recruiter
- Preferred Training/Cert: Expertise with integrated HR/Payroll systems is important and experience with Hirezon Interview Exchange ATS, ADP Workforce Now is preferred
Ability to successfully recruit new employees at all levels within a College setting.
Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls and e-mails
Ability to provide an exceptionally high level of quality customer service.
Effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to work with a diverse group of applicants, various departments, faculty, staff, and external constituents.
Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, database software.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the institution
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure, in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
This is an exempt, benefits level position, not limited to 35 hours. Normal business hours are Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.