Senior Assistant Director of Federal Grants and Scholarships
001097Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesWorking Title:
Senior Assistant Director of Federal Grants and ScholarshipsPosition Designation:
EHRA Non-FacultyEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeMonths per Year:
Monday-Friday, 8-5Hours per week:
Enrollment Management (Adm)Work Location:
Reese 104C6Salary Range:
$47,482 - $58,500Primary Purpose of Department:
The primary purpose of the Office of Financial Aid is to administer all financial aid programs for the University, including grants, scholarships, loans and Federal Work-study. The office processes aid for approximately 25,000 students each year and administers about $250 million dollars in student aid funds. The office monitors all procedures for federal and state regulatory compliance. In addition, other major functions of the office include monitoring records and procedures for federal and state regulatory compliance, providing federal, state, and donor reports, and providing financial advising for students.Primary Purpose of Position:
The major responsibility of the Senior Assistant Director is to assist and manage a team of 3 direct reports for the processing of federal grants, scholarships and the calculation for the Return to Title IV aid for both official and unofficial withdrawn students. This position will be responsible for providing information and training on financial aid policies and procedures to prospective students, parents and staff.Summary of Position Responsibilities:
The Senior Assistant Director manages a team of 2-3 direct reports, monitors and ensures compliance of federal grants, provides comprehensive oversight of scholarships and waivers, oversees the completion of monthly reconciliations of federal grants and scholarships, conducts regular training and uses available resources to ensure staff is current with federal, state, and institutional regulations/policies. This position oversees the Return of Title IV calculations for official and unofficial withdraws. This position will also be responsible for the oversight and processing of transient study, NC Online courses, and all Study Abroad students. The Senior Assistant Director will provide excellent quality customer service, consistency of information, and support outreach efforts to all university stakeholders and the community at large.Minimum Education/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 5-7 years progressively responsible work experience in financial aid, including the use of automated financial aid systems, preferably Ellucian Banner.
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations governing financial aid.
- Strong administrative background including a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent written, interpersonal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven customer service skills and enthusiasm for providing exceptional service to all.
- Ability to work in an ever-changing environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to demanding circumstances while fostering and maintaining a high level of customer service and total quality management.
- Willingness to be part of a flexible work schedule that requires evening hours and occasional weekend duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Access) and other relevant computer based programs.
Master’s degree preferred. Other necessary skills include:
- Considerable knowledge of automated systems, both mainframe and PC based. Ellucian Banner experience highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations governing state and federal student aid programs.
- Sound leadership, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express position and procedures clearly concisely in oral and written form.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members, campus departments, outside agencies and student/families.
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.Posting Open Date:
11/12/2020Open Until Filled:
YesProposed Hire Date: