This position coordinates the ordering, stocking and maintaining of textbooks.
- Coordinates and supervises the textbook adoption process.
- Requests, verifies, edits and compiles textbook adoption information.
- Determines the number of textbooks to purchase for each class.
- Initiates and approves purchase orders.
- Manages the textbook inventory system; ensures the accuracy and currency of data.
- Establishes textbook rental periods and policies; processes rental checks; processes rental returns.
- Coordinates and supervises the purchase of used textbooks.
- Establishes buyback periods; creates buyback lists; balances transactions and process reports.
- Coordinates the return of textbooks to vendors for overstock.
- Operates the cash register to complete sales.
- Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of inventory management principles.
- Knowledge of textbook sales and buy-back procedures.
- Knowledge of college purchasing policies.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of an associate’s degree.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.